vCenter : Automatic datastore selection?

Hello,
First, sorry for my approximate English, I am French.

I have a problem with my vOneCloud installation.

Here is my situation:
1 vCenter with 2 clusters and 4 datastores (2 per cluster).

To simplify :
CLUSTER_1

DATASTORE_1
DATASTORE_2

CLUSTER_2

DATASTORE_3
DATASTORE_4

I want to deploy by opennebula 1 vmware template located on DATASTORE_1.
I made 2 OpenNebula template:
1 to deploy on CLUSTER_1 and one to deploy on CLUSTER_2.
I use : SCHED_REQUIREMENTS = “NAME=CLUSTER_2”
That’s good.

The concern is that OpenNebula only deploy VM on DATASTORE_1, where the template is located.
So the template that deploys on CLUSTER_2 finished in failure because it does not access a DATASTORE_1.

I try to use :
SCHED_DS_REQUIREMENTS = “CLUSTER_ID="107"”
SCHED_DS_REQUIREMENTS = “NAME=CLUSTER_2”
etc…
But it’s fail.

I can deploy on a specific datastore by specifying directly with :slight_smile: VCENTER_DATASTORE=DATASTORE_4
But this is static and I want OpenNebula to choose a free datastore…

Can you help me ?

vOneCloud configuration :
HOST :

CLUSTER_1
CLUSTER_2

CLUSTER :

CLUSTER_1
HOST : CLUSTER_1
DATASTORE : DATASTORE_1, DATASTORE_2

CLUSTER_2
HOST : CLUSTER_2
DATASTORE : DATASTORE_3, DATASTORE_4

Hi Brice!,
as you mentioned that you’re using vOneCloud, for vOneCloud related topics there’s another forum: https://support.vonecloud.com/hc/en-us/community/topics/200215432-Community-General-Discussion

In any case from an OpenNebula’s perspective, according to docs if you use VCENTER_DATASTORE that attribute requires the name of a datastore that must be reachable from your vcenter clusters so I’m afraid that it’s static and OpenNebula can’t choose what datastore to use based on free space, only the scheduler will refuse to deploy the VM if no free space is available.

If you can configure a Storage DRS in your vCenter environment so your datastores are set in a storage cluster, you could import your Storage DRS as a SYSTEM datastore and change VCENTER_DATASTORE to the name of the Storage DRS, that way vCenter not OpenNebula can choose what datastore will be used when deploying a VM, this is explained here.

Cheers!

Thx for response.
Thank you for the answer.
I try on this forum, because the forum vOneCloud there are no answers.
I have to do a POC and I can not take the support yet.