Sunstone development environment setup

I’m just curious how do different people have their sunstone development environment set? Meaning what magic do you do see your changes live right away and not run scons and install everytime something is changed. I can see how can I can modify bunch of files to run directly from src directory, but I think there must be an easier option… ?

AFAIK there are two options available if you are editing files directly on the server:

1. Switching the environment from ‘prod’ to ‘dev’ in /etc/one/sunstone-server.conf
#:env: 'prod'
:env: 'dev'
  1. Rebuilding with build.sh in the sunstone’s public folder

But you should measure which is faster - rebuilding or waiting for the non-minimized javascript to load :slight_smile:

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Anton Todorov

Just to clarify or make sure I udnerstand what you’re saying.

I have everything cloned to ~/one then deployed to ~/oneapp (under the same user). So, oneapp is no longer my git tracked folder just a deployment folder. If I make any changes there then I need to move them to ~/one respective files to be able to commit them. This seems litle backwards.

Also, what if i wanted to debug and step through a route/function in ruby that is requested from sunstone ? How do you break it in debugger ?