[SOLVED] Cannot Resize Disk: "New disk size has to be greater than current one"

When trying to live resize the Alpine virtual router (KVM) to 512MB from the default 256MB I get the following error: “Req:3600 UID:0 one.vm.diskresize result FAILURE [one.vm.diskresize] New disk size has to be greater than current one”. Trying all sizes > 256MB produces the same result (trying with 1024MB, 4GB, etc.).

Currently using OpenNebula v. 5.4.5 on CentOS 7 and performing the above operation via Sunstone.

I had a similar issue that just started. I used to be able to resize disk with no problems. But after our servers were bounced yesterday it appears OpenNebula was updated to version 5.4.6. Prior to that I was running on version 5.4.2. I’m guessing the problem may have been introduced in version 5.4.4 because a change was made to the disk size slider functionality.

In the meantime I worked around the problem by using a CLI command:
onevm disk-resize vmid diskid size
Note: size must be in megabytes. So for increasing my disk size to 200 GB I entered:
onevm disk-resize 250 3 204800.

Hope this helps.

Thanks – this workaround provides the resizing needed. cheers

bobc Bob
January 26 |

I had a similar issue that just started. I used to be able to resize disk with no problems. But after our servers were bounced yesterday it appears OpenNebula was updated to version 5.4.6. Prior to that I was running on version 5.4.2. I’m guessing the problem may have been introduced in version 5.4.4 because a change was made to the disk size slider functionality.

In the meantime I worked around the problem by using a CLI command:
onevm disk-resize vmid diskid size
Note: size must be in megabytes. So for increasing my disk size to 200 GB I entered:
onevm disk-resize 250 3 204800.

Hope this helps.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

It seems like this problem still exists – has anyone created a bug report already?

Are you using the latest stable release of OpenNebula?

The issue was fixed in 5.4.7 and latest public release is 5.4.13.

BR,
Anton Todorov

We used to be on 5.4.6, just updated to 5.4.13 and it is indeed fixed! Thanks!