How to setup Bridged Network to my dhcp server (pfsense) exampel interface: eno1 How to connect opennebula machines to real lan?
You will need to use bridged networking and setup a Linux bridge first of all, for your virtual networks set these up as ethernet , this way opennebula won’t manage the IP addressing and the DHCP broadcast will reach your DHCP server / device .
Can you send some more info , your hosts network config
So for example change your ethernet to a bridge first of all (not sure if you are using netplan can’t remember when they introduced it), change IP accordingly
iface lo inet loopback
iface br0 inet static
Then in opennebula you create a new virtual network , set physical port as br0 then type ethernet , should L2 then.
Or look at using vlans same principle
- Open Network Connections to set up network settings in Ubuntu. …
- Under the “Wired” tab, click on “Auto eth0” and select “Edit."
- Click on “IPV4 Settings” tab. …
- Check the IP address settings. …
- Type the following command into terminal: “sudo ifconfig” without quotes.
- Get your new addresses.