How to install OpenNebula 5.2.1 front-end and node in the same machine?

I follow the instructions of OpenNebula front-end installation and its working. I have only one machine for test OpenNebula. But i could not configure OpenNebula Node in the same machine. Can someone help me ?

1 Like

Hi Anderson!,
once you have the front-end installed you should follow the documentation about installing a KVM node in the same machine (if KVM is the hypervisor you want to use of course :wink:).

You can have front-end and node in the same machine for testing thatā€™s perfectly fine, so can you tell us what Linux and version are you using, what errors have you found and what have you already tried?

Cheers!

Hi Anderson!
donā€™t know if you finally got both front-end and node in the same machine. Another tip for you, as the oneadmin user try to open an SSH session against localhost: ssh oneadmin@127.0.0.1 and ssh oneadmin@yourhostname and test if you can log in without password, you may have errors when trying to monitor the localhost node if SSH canā€™t be established without a password for the oneadmin user.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi @mcabrerizo!

I have the same problem. I want to install OpenNebula 5.4.1 frontend and node on the same machine.
I followed your advices and I can login from the oneadmin user to ssh oneadmin@127.0.0.1 without password. I have added node to Sunstone host and it works, monitoring are working perfectly, I can see memory usage, disk usage, etc. but when Iā€™m trying to add any VM, in log I see the next error:

Wed Oct 4 20:08:31 2017 [Z0][TM][E]: clone: Command "scp -r ubuntu-2gb-fra1-01:/var/lib/one//datastores/1/39f6eaf43b14ef931810198cff0686ed 127.0.0.1:/var/lib/one//datastores/0/3/disk.0" failed: Host key verification failed.
Wed Oct 4 20:08:31 2017 [Z0][TM][E]: Error copying ubuntu-2gb-fra1-01:/var/lib/one//datastores/1/39f6eaf43b14ef931810198cff0686ed to 127.0.0.1:/var/lib/one//datastores/0/3/disk.0
Wed Oct 4 20:08:31 2017 [Z0][TM][I]: ExitCode: 1

Could you help me with it?

Regards,
Roman

Hi Roman,

Did you try ssh with oneadmin@ubuntu-2gb-fra1-01 too as suggested by @mcabrerizo?
The error command hints that it is trying to transfer the file from ubuntu-2gb-fra1-01:ā€¦ to 127.0.0.1:ā€¦

Best Regards,
Anton Todorov

1 Like

Hi @atodorov_storpool,

ubuntu-2gb-fra1-01 it is hostname for this machine. I have tried to connect to 127.0.0.1 as itā€™s also local IP.
Also, I have generated the known_hosts for 127.0.0.1 and but it still did not work.
But, when I added node by the hostname (in my case it is ubuntu-2gb-fra1-01) it is started to work perfectly.

Thank you for you help.

Regards,
Roman

Any idea what specs a machine should have for such an installation ?

I do have a dell latitude e6220 with 16 GB, a 248 GB SSD and a cuad i7 (3 GHz or so). Would this be enough ? (I could eventually spread the install an put the KVM node on another machine, but this would defeat the purpose of the exercise)

You are summoning 2 years old thread. Meanwhile there is a lot of development. You should check

Done in some 10 minutes including a silly error in Firefox (switched to chromium, Iā€™m lazy).
THNX!

I just started at a supercomputer facility here in Amsterdam (SURFsara) where we have also a cloud computing service based on OpenNebula. Itā€™s not my department but since I am trying to get an OpenStack certification (privately) I was intrigued about the differences and to be honest quite frustrated at the utterly steep learning curve that the installation of OpenStack requires, not the adminstration, thatā€™s more or less standard, but the fact of getting it f***g installed and to find relevant documentation.

Thanks a lot again!