How to allow VDC admin to create Virtual Network

Hello,

I am using version 5.4.6 currently which have problem now where VDC admin is not allow to create its own Virtual Network.

Currently I have created a VDC which pre-allocate VNets as screen capture.

And created a Group with user admin inside.

This group is allow to use VDC resource.

Also created an ACL which I have already allow Group member to “use, manage,create, admin” - ID25

However, when login as VDC group admin. Create Virtual Networks still not allow.

Could you please advise how should solve this problem?

Thanks!

You need to enable it in the Sunstone yamls. Take a look at file /etc/one/sunstone-views/groupadmin.yaml.

Hi Tino, is it also possible to force VDC admin to create only specific type of network, eg 802.1q and preddefined physical interface?

1 Like

Hello,

Any details meaning for each parameters for groupadmin.yaml ?

I also read

but no much available information there.

Thanks!

That is currently not supported. Please open a feature request in GitHub to evaluate the use case.

Hello,

I faced the same behavior on same release and before opening a Feature request I checked here if somelse faced the same.
I added some “admin” rights for the Admin user. I added an ACL with ADMIN right for “CLUSTERS”.
I am not a big fan of this workaround as it means that an external user with admin rights must be cluster administrator to create a Virtual Network. While for me this should not be the case (I will open a feature request for this).
@machiasiaweb, can you check if adding some admin rights to this user unlock you situation ?

Thank you

Regards