Edit Video driver used and Video memory

Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone could help with this please, I am trying to add more video memory to my guest machines (E.g. for running a Desktop version of the operating system).

it seems by default it uses the followowing:

virsh dumpxml 377

Ideally i want it to use 32mb of RAM and a better drive (qxldriver for example).
is there any way i can do so in opennebula as if I edit the XML directly it messes the VM up.

I would like to see if the graphics do benifit from the additional video memory as it seems when i create desktop versions no matter how much ram I throw at it or CPU its always a bit sluggish.
i have tried Spice also and get the same results.

Any help on this would be appreciated or any other known tweaks for sorting graphics out.

I feel you! I recently had a similar issue with my guest machines. Editing the XML directly messed things up big time. But guess what? I discovered this amazing website where you can edit videos online. Pretty cool, right?
Now, back to your graphics. To boost performance, have you tried allocating 32mb of RAM and using a better drive like qxldriver? It might just do the trick. Also, Spice didn’t work for me either, so you’re not alone there.
Let’s see if we can fine-tune those graphics and eliminate that annoying sluggishness. Hang in there, buddy! We’ll figure it out together.

For a long time, I have been using an “extension” that allows changes to the domain XML. The primary goal is to “unlock” OpenNebula to work with raw block devices for disks with a decent performance. Still, the interface is suitable for doing various “tweaks” to the domain XML.