Debian 10 (Buster)

Hi,

with the now newly released Debian 10, will there be packages of OpenNebula 5.8 for this version? I would love to upgrade my cloud.

Regards,

Sander

You can build the packages by yourself. The only thing to fix for Buster is to remove libmysql+±dev from the build dependencies (just one edit in the templates/debian9-debian/control.m4 file), it’s really unnecessary.

Grab the packaging (https://github.com/OpenNebula/packages), grab the latest source available. Copy templates/debian9-debian to templates/debian10-debian, apply the fix I’ve mentioned above, then copy debian9.sh to debian10.sh and edit file replacing Debian-9 with Debian-10 and stretch with buster. The rest of the process is quite simple, just do as the docs say. I can also recommend to grab opennebula-lxd-snap and opennebula-node-lxd from Ubuntu 18.04 packages if you willing to use LXD hypervisor.

It seems the latest release of OpenNebula has no support for Debian Buster still. Is there any indication for how long we are still to wait before OpenNebula can be installed through a package manager instead of having to compile it for ourselves?

Hello, OpenNebula 5.10 will come with support for Debian 10. Best, Vlastimil