CentOS 7 Repository for non public releases (latest 5.4.4)

It is much easier to perform the build process already now on those systems than doing a self-hosting. For example on copr you can simply upload SRPMS and let copr build them, creating the repositories and sign the packages automatically.
On obs you can link to a spec file hosted somewhere (you need to create a repository hosting the spec files anyway) and link directly to the tarballs, let obs build, create the repositories and sign the packages. A refresh of the spec file or an update to the centos image used by obs triggers a rebuild of the RPMS automatically and handles the RPM release tag.

Opennebula doesn’t provide srpms neither prepared tar. So we have to prepare source files tar first. But all other is prepared for building here So it was pretty simple to build it and by createrepo cmd make repository. You are too much talking, I know about that systems, I just want to test build packages myself. If you think that you can do better, them do it.

Thanks, just upgraded and now finally Auto VLAN id works with vCenter portgroups.

Nice to hear that I help :slight_smile: You can like my post, thank you.

5.4.3 Builded

Would love to see similar for Ubuntu 16.04.

Builded 5.4.2 myself, it works just fine. Thanks for all the infos!

Hello,
I build 5.4.3 for Ubuntu 16.04. Download
Tested on my cluster.
On Monday I will try to make a repository.

Thanks, I’ve done this too. But it’s always better to have a permanent repository with somebody to care about :slight_smile:

5.4.4 builded

https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/madko/OpenNebula/ I’m using this in production

I’ve seen a 5.4.5 tag in the git. Can we use it?

Yes, of course you can. There are 3 issues resolved.

B #1562: sunstone-server rc handling broken (#1576)  …
B #1572: Can't instantiate VM in Cloud view (#1573)  …
B #1484: Do not nul CPU usage if cloudwatch doesn't return value

Also listed here

Thanks Kristian for the information. I’ve pushed the 5.4.5 rpms to my copr repo

5.4.9 builded

2 Likes

5.4.10 builded

3 Likes

5.4.11 builded. This version by default use 50 mysql connections.

@ruben

Well, this is in fact on purpose and a new feature that boots scalability on large deployments. The increase on DB connections allows a better concurrency on oned threads when accessing the DB. You can limit this with CONNECTIONS on the DB attribute:

https://github.com/OpenNebula/docs/blob/master/source/deployment/references/oned_conf.rst#daemon-configuration-attributes

This new feature has been backported to one-5.4 branch.

1 Like

5.6.2 builded. Resolved issues:

More info

1 Like

Hi @feldsam

Well, almost builded - the sunstone package is missing :wink:
I’ve take a look at the src.rpm[1]. The packages README.md is not keeping the pace with the development. Unfortunately the sunstone Development doc also is lagging. So when preparing the sunstone interface you must rename dist/main.js to dist/main-dist.js after running grunt requirejs[2]. Beside that most probably you have some other issue to resolve too (without the mentioned note the sunstone package was built, but it was broken…)

[1] You should consider using git archive to extract the sources from git. I am using the following line:

git archive --prefix="opennebula-5.6.2/" -o "../opennebula-5.6.2-src.tar.gz" "release-5.6.2"

[2] There is a script to automate the rebuild of sunstone’s main.js named build.sh where you can find the actual build procedure. If you decide to use build.sh directly keep in mind that there are some flaws though.

Hope this helps :sunglasses:

Best Regards,
Anton Todorov

Hello, thank you for advice, I fixed sunstone build process and make new 5.6+ repo available. I create new topic for it CentOS 7 Repository for non public releases 5.6+

Problem was with arch type, sunstone and some other packages are noarch now…