Can not initialize vm from vOneCloud

Hello all,

I work as a System Administrator at ANA, Albania NREN. We are currently thinking about implementing cloud computing on our existing data center. I have download the vOneCloud 3.4.0 appliance and deploy it.

Current Infrastructure:
vCenter: 6.7U2
vOneCloud: 3.4.0
Network: vmware VDS

Step 1: Imported vCenter Cluster => OK
Step 2: Imported vCenter Hosts => OK
Step 3: Imported vCenter VDS => OK
Step 4: Imported vCenter Datastore => OK (One for both img and sys)
Step 5: Downloaded Alpine Linux 3.8 - KVM image from MarketPlaces=> OK
Step 6: Created a vm in vCenter with one nic, one HDD (from documentation this should be replaced by Alpine Linux 3.8 - KVM image i have downloaded), one cpu, one gb ram.
Step 7: Converted the vm to template. => OK
Step 8: Imported template to vOneCloud, Storage, Image => OK
Step 9: Imported vCenter template to vOneCloud, Templates, VMS => OK
Step 10: Edited template and from Storage, Disks choose Alpine Linux 3.8 - KVM, also configured network, Scheduling etc.

When try to initialize the template it gets clone from vCenter and after that gives this error message:

Tue Jul 23 10:17:15 2019 [Z0][VM][I]: New state is ACTIVE
Tue Jul 23 10:17:15 2019 [Z0][VM][I]: New LCM state is PROLOG
Tue Jul 23 10:17:21 2019 [Z0][VM][I]: New LCM state is BOOT
Tue Jul 23 10:17:21 2019 [Z0][VMM][I]: Generating deployment file: /var/lib/one/vms/24/deployment.0
Tue Jul 23 10:17:21 2019 [Z0][VMM][I]: Successfully execute transfer manager driver operation: tm_context.
Tue Jul 23 10:17:21 2019 [Z0][VMM][I]: Successfully execute network driver operation: pre.
Tue Jul 23 10:17:36 2019 [Z0][VMM][I]: Command execution failed (exit code: 255): /var/lib/one/remotes/vmm/vcenter/deploy '/var/lib/one/vms/24/deployment.0' 'DELL_EMC_Cluster' 24 DELL_EMC_Cluster
**Tue Jul 23 10:17:36 2019 [Z0][VMM][E]: deploy: Deploy of VM 24 on vCenter cluster DELL_EMC_Cluster with /var/lib/one/vms/24/deployment.0 failed due to "vCenter device does not exist at the moment".**
Tue Jul 23 10:17:36 2019 [Z0][VMM][I]: Failed to execute virtualization driver operation: deploy.
Tue Jul 23 10:17:36 2019 [Z0][VMM][E]: Error deploying virtual machine
Tue Jul 23 10:17:36 2019 [Z0][VM][I]: New LCM state is BOOT_FAILURE

From my troubleshooting i have understand that if i do not choose disk of Alpine Linux 3.8 - KVM as boot option, but reather choose nic for example the vm gets boot up.

But this is not something we want. We need to boot from the image.
Don’t know if i missed something.

Thank you,
Klention Mali

Hello Klention,

It is great that you have dowloaded vOneCloud 3.4 and are taking a good hard look at it. I wanted to direct you to the specific online community dedicated to vOneCloud. If you submit your post here, you are more likely to get direct responses regarding your vOneCloud-related activity.

https://support.vonecloud.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Best regards,
Michael

Thank you for your reply Michael,

I have tried to create an account at support@vonecloud.com but can not because of:

Refused to display ‘vOneCloud Support’ in a frame because it set ‘X-Frame-Options’ to ‘sameorigin’.

Must be some kind of configuration on they Nginx/Apache web server.

Regards,
Klention

Hi Michael,

I manage to login from Firefox browser.

Thank you.

Regards,
Klention

Hello Klention,

Allow me to clarify. The vOneCloud Community, as I mentioned before, is located here: https://support.vonecloud.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

You need to register/create an account - which I believe you have been able to do. However, once there, you need to select the button for “New Post”. That is where you will see a form to create a topic and provide the details of your issue.

It seems that you may have selected “Submit a request”, and that functionality is for vOneCloud “customers” - those that have a Support Subscription with OpenNebula System.

So don’t be concerned. If you can create a “New Post”, your questions will surely be addressed.

Best,
Michael