Automatic OS IP assignment. What do I need to make this happen?

Hi All,

Is it possible to get ON to automatically assign an IP to the OS (similar to cloud-init) ?

Tried. Not able to get that quite right. VM instances show an IP has been assigned to the profile but it’s not assigned on the guest VM.

Ideally, I’m looking for a solution whereby I run my own tool to look for a free IP on my network and assign it. ON’s approach appears sequential as seen from the UI. This is good for a free range, but I need something more dynamic.

Cheers,

Hi All,

“Tried. Not able to get that quite right. VM instances show an IP has been assigned to the profile but it’s not assigned on the guest VM.”

I’ve solved the first part above. I would like to find out if there is a way to modify the OneGate and OneGate Context logic to include the running off a custom script responsible for selecting a free IP. Is there such a way built-in?

Thx,
TK

I’m looking for something along the lines of a plugin system such as the following:

1. Define a variable such as EXT_IP_ASSIGN = “yes” followed by EXT_IP_ASSIGN_CMD = “/path/to/my/ip-script.sh”

2. Above returns an IP from a subnet which already has preallocated IP’s for other servers. How I determine the available IP would be up to me.

Thx,

Hi,

I’d guess you’ve followed Open Cloud Contextualization ?

I think that instead of looking how to alter the OneGate service you should to take a look at the IPAM Driver. Just for a refence/ideas/ you could take a look at the Included driver for Packet.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Anton Todorov

Hi,

I’d guess you’ve followed Open Cloud Contextualization ?

Correct.

I think that instead of looking how to alter the OneGate service you should to take a look at the IPAM Driver. Just for a refence/ideas/ you could take a look at the Included driver for Packet.

That looks very promising. I’ll take a look and get back to you if it meets our needs. Thank you!

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Anton Todorov