A 4 Node OpenNebula HA Architectual advise

Hi,
I want to build a four node cluster running OpenNebula and would like some advise/tips on the architecture that I am going to use. Bellow are the machines and their hardware.

Cloud1

• Intel Core i7-3720QM CPU @ 2.60GHz with 4 cores
  • 16 GB RAM
  • 250 GB HD

Cloud 2

• AMD Ryzen 7 2700X with 8 Cores
  • 16GB RAM
  • 1 x 124 GB HD and 1 x 3 TB HD

Cloud 3

• Intel® Core™ i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz with 4 cores
  • 24 GB RAM
  • 1 x 250 GB HD and 1 x 3 TB HD

Cloud 4

• AMD FX-8350 8 cores with 8 threads
  • 24 GB RAM
  • 1 x 500 GB HD and 1 x 3 TB HD

I want to run the front-end in HA mode, which means that I need to install it on at least two of the nodes.
The 3TB harddisk will be used for CEPH to hold datastores.
I intend to run MariaDB Galera clustered on all nodes.

Versions of the related components and OS (frontend, hypervisors, VMs): I am using bare metal servers and running the latest version of OpenNebula.

Current results: Clustering in single system is done. i.e front-end and host is configured in standalone mode.

Thank you in advance.

Hello, OpenNebula Frontend HA does not support MariaDB Gallery. It uses RAFT mechnism and replication of sql data is done by opennebula itself

Hi,
Thank you for the information.
Is it possible to run the front-end on two of the vm-nodes at the same time, so you can have a HA setup for the front-end?

Hello, HA Frontend using RAFT support only 3+ node cluster. You can also use corosync and pacemaker to run frontend ha, but in case of failure there will be downtime, while pacemaker start services on backup node. RAFT is much more quick.

Hi!
Thank you for your quick reply.
I will the use three front-ends running on three of the VM nodes using RAFT.
Based on your answer, I assume that running the Front-End on the same machines as running the VM:s (All-in-one HA solution) is not an issue, right?

the best think try use vcenter as HA backend

Thank you for your answer, but I want to setup an Open Source environment. That means that vCenter is an option.